domingo, 4 de marzo de 2018

4th ESO revision up to unit 4

Verbal tenses link (don't do sentences 11 and 17)

verbal tenses


1 First or second conditional
  1. If I ______________________(win) a million dollar, I _____________________(give up) my job.
  2. I ______________________(buy) these shoes if they ____________________(fit) me but they don't.
  3. If you __________________(feel) bad tonight, I ____________________(stay) with you.
  4. If I ______________________(be) you, I __________________(take) a free week.
  5. We ___________________(miss) the bus if she ____________________(not hurry).
  6. If he ________________(invite) me, I _____________________(accept) with pleasure, but he hasn't told me anything yet.
  7. William ____________________(not be) scared of the dark if he _________________
    (not watch) so many horror films every week.

2 Passive voice
  1. The teacher will show slides in the next class.
  2. Anna painted the Wilsons' house last week.
  3. My mum bakes a cake every Sunday.
  4. Freddy Mercury sang “we will rock you”.
  5. Somebody sent Sarah an impolite message yesterday.
  6. Jackie will buy the present for Martha's party.

3 Verbal tenses
  1. How long _______________________(she/have) this cat?
  2. When I ___________________(meet) Jane yesterday, she ___________________ (change) her hairstyle.
  3. _______________________(you/ leave) school a year ago?
  4. I _____________________(not visit) my sister in London for a long time.
  5. The art exhibition ______________________(not start) at 7, it ___________________ (start) at 8.
  6. Are you ready? Just a minute, I _____________________(finish) the last exercise.
  7. While Jane _______________________(walk) home, she ___________________ (find) a 20€ note.
  8. Jack___________________(just/arrive) from work.
  9. Yesterday, we _______________(go) to the beach and then we _______________ (have) a cocktail at a bar near the beach.


    4 Third conditional


    1 Complete the third conditional sentences with the correct form of the verbs.

    1 You’d have passed the exam if you ______________________ (not make) mistakes.
    2 If I ______________________ (not go) to the café, I wouldn’t have met Tina.
    3 I ______________________ (come) with you to the cinema if I hadn’t had so much homework.
    4 If we ______________________ (score) that goal, we would have won the match.
    5 The police ______________________ (not catch) the thief if he hadn’t fallen over.
    6  If I’d known about the concert, I ___________________ (tell) you.



    Online exercise:

    Third conditional exercise



Answers

Exercise 1
  1. Won-would give up
  2. would buy- fit/fitted
  3. feel- will stay
  4. were/was- would take
  5. will miss-don't hurry
  6. invites- will accept
  7. wouldn't be-didn't watch

Exercise 2
  1. slides will be shown in the next class by the teacher.
  2. The Wilsons' house was painted last week by Anna.
  3. A cake is baked every Sunday by my mum
  4. We will rock you” was sung by Freddy Mercury.
  5. Sarah was sent an impolite message yesterday
  6. The present for Martha's party will be bought by Jackie.

Exercise 3
  1. Has she had
  2. met-had changed
  3. did you leave
  4. haven't visited
  5. doesn't start- starts
  6. am finishing
  7. was walking- found
  8. has just arrived
  9. went-had


    Exercise 4  
    1   hadn’t made             4   had scored
    2   hadn’t gone              5   wouldn’t have caught
    3   would have come     6 would have told

No hay comentarios: