viernes, 9 de marzo de 2012

4ESO Revision Unit 6




Indefinite pronouns: some-, any-, no-, every-
2 Complete the text with the words in the box.
anyoneanythingeverybody
everywhere
nobodynothingnowhere
In my town, there’s nowhere in the centre for young people. Last year, we could meet on the grass. It was great, especially in summer, and it didn’t cost (1)_______________. (2)_______________ had arguments – (3)_______________ got on well: emos, Goths, skateboarders. It was brilliant. We did (4)_______________ to annoy or upset people. We just enjoyed ourselves. But people started to complain because there were kids on skateboards (5)_______________. So the police told us that we couldn’t meet there any more. Now I don’t see (6)_______________ I know sitting on the grass anymore. Is that good for young people?


Verbs and adjectives: feelings
3 Complete the sentences with the verb, -ed adjective or -ing adjective form of the words.
I’m worried (worry) about you.
1 The match was really _____________ (excite).
2 I often _____________ (surprise) my friends on their birthdays.
3 I’m _____________ (bore). Let’s do something!
4 We aren’t _____________ (interest) in fashion.
5 Toby loves to _____________ (shock) people with his make-up.
6 My little brother is really _____________ (annoy). Sometimes I can’t stand him!
7 Karen thinks spiders are really _____________ (frighten).
     8 I don’t feel _____________ (relax) before exams.



ANSWERS
  1. Exercise 2

1 anything 4 nothing
2 Nobody 5 everywhere
3 Everybody 6 anyone

Exercise 3
1 exciting 4 interested 7 frightening
2 surprise 5 shock 8 relaxed
3 bored 6 annoying

No hay comentarios: