miércoles, 7 de marzo de 2012

3ESO Revision Past simple or present perfect?


1 Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or present perfect simple).

  1. William _________________(tidy / already) up his room.
  2. Caroline _________________(miss) the schoolbus yesterday.
  3. I ________________(finish / just) my homework.
  4. I cannot go out tonight. My grandparents __________________(come) to see us today.
  5. In 2004, the Olympic Summer Games ______________(take) place in Athens.
  6. He_________________ (leave / just) his house.
  7. We__________________ (build) a tree house last week.
  8. Two years ago, Fiona _________________(break) her leg.
  9. I _________________(wash / already) the dishes.
  10. The other day, our cat _____________________(bring) home a mouse.
  11. When_______________________ (she / become) a teacher?
  12. __________________________(you / ride / ever) an elephant?
  13. I_____________________ (clean / just) my house so I can show them around. Now everything is perfect.
  14. Beatriz: How long ________________(you/live) in Madrid?Andy: Since last October.
  15. My best friend Laura _____________________from university last July. (graduate)
  16. I_________________________ the movie 'Lost in Space' two times this week. I'm going to see it again tonight. (see)
  17. Jack _________________ (live) in Boston for the past 15 years.
  18. Dad, ________________ (you/finish) reading the paper yet?
  19. I'm afraid I'm not hungry. I ____________________ (eat/already).
  20. We ___________________ (not finish) the essay yesterday.



Answers
Exercise 1

  1. Has already tidied
  2. missed
  3. have just finished
  4. have come
  5. took
  6. have just left
  7. built
  8. broke
  9. have already washed
  10. brought
  11. did she become
  12. have you ever ridden
  13. have just cleaned
  14. have you lived
  15. graduated
  16. have seen
  17. has lived
  18. have you finished
  19. have already eaten
  20. didn't finish

No hay comentarios: