lunes, 27 de enero de 2014

1st Batx revision unit 4 (verbal tenses and rephrase)


Exercise 1

Fill in the blanks with the correct verbal tenses


  1. A: Excuse me, I need to talk to someone about our hotel room. B: That man at the service counter (help)………………………..you.
  2. Last week at the café, the waiter …………………… (bring) a drink that I ……………………..(not / order).
  3. As we want to get better marks in English, we ……………………. (study) harder in the future.
  4. Let’s go, we ……………………….. (wait) for 20 minutes, that’s enough.
  5. How often ……………………………. (she/ take) the dog for a walk?
  6. I haven't made up my mind yet. But I think I …………………………….. (enjoy) the summer in Croatia.
  7. Hurry up! The film (begin)…………………………………..in 20 minutes.
  8. How long …………………………. (live) in this house?
  9. This is my last day here. I (go)…………………………..back to England tomorrow.
  10. Yesterday morning, the children…………………….. (collect) the oranges that ……………………………  (fall) from the tree the previous day.
  11. This time last month, we …………………………… (fly) to Vienna.
  12. Since we got married, we ……………………………. (be) to Italy three times.
  13. Sam …………………………….. (be) a famous actor one day.
  14. By the end of June I ……………………………………………….. (live) in this flat for thirteen years.
  15.  While mum ………………………………………. (cook) I …………………………………….. (wash) the car outside in the garden.
  16. When ……………………………………… (she/ paint) her bedroom?
  17. We ………………………………………… (sleep) in our tents when we ……………………………… (hear) a strange noise in the forest.

Exercise 2

Rephrase the sentence with the words in brackets:

The film starts at 7 and finishes at 9. (At 8)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Tom finished the washing up. Then, he took the dog for a walk. (after)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
The last time I saw Brian was three months ago. (for)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
What are his plans this evening? (do)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
The plane lands at 7.30. (by 7.30)
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 Some links:

Answers

Exercise 1

1.    Will help
2.   Brought/ hadn’t ordered
3.   Are going to study
4.   Have waited/have been waiting
5.   Does she take
6.   Will enjoy
7.   Begins
8.   Have you lived
9.   Am going
10.  Collected/had fallen
11.   Were flying
12.  Have been
13.  Will be
14.  Will have lived
15.  Was cooking/ was washing
16.  Did she paint
17.  Were sleeping/ heard

 
Exercise 2
At 8, I will be watching a film/ I will be watching a film at 8
After Tom had finished the washing up, he took the dog for a walk.
I haven’t seen Brian for three months.
What are you doing this evening? / what are you going to do this evening?
By 7.30, the plane will have landed.

No hay comentarios: