domingo, 3 de junio de 2012

4ESO (conditional sentences, passive voice, reported speech, verbal tenses and gerund or infinitive)


CONDITIONAL SENTENCES

  1. If it________________________ (rain) tomorrow, I_________________________ (have to / not) water the plants.
  2. You ______________________(have) an nightmare tonight if you ______________________ (watch) this scary film.
  3. If you ________________(go) by bike more often, you __________________(be / not) so flabby, change your habits.
  4. If you _________________(send) this parcel now, she _____________________(receive) it tomorrow.
  5. We _____________________(swim) in the sea last week if the water _______________________ (not / be) so cold there.
  6. My brother _____________________(buy) a sports car if he_____________________ (have) the money but he has got a normal salary.
  7. We _____________________(walk) to the theatre last night If it ________________________(not/ start) to rain.
  8. If I ________________________ (meet) my favourite movie star, I __________________ (ask) him for an autograph.



GERUND OR INFINITIVE

  1. Jack recommended _____________________(take) the bus to the airport.
  2. I want ____________________ (talk) to the manager, please.
  3. In our society, people spend more and more time ___________________(work)
  4. Eating habits are hard _________________________(change).
  5. We miss______________________ (have) the children at home
  6. They decided _______________________(cancel) the order.
  7. _______________________(travel) is one of my hobbies.
  8. Some students put off _____________________(do) their homework later.
  9. I don't mind ______________________(watch) that film if that's what you want.
  10. Do you want _______________________(play) table-tennis with us?
  11. I really can't stand _______________________ (wait) for the bus.
  12. We intend _____________________________(go) to the countryside this weekend.
  13. It tends _________________________(rain) a lot in Scotland.
  14. She avoided _________________________(tell) him about her plans.
  15. I am learning ________________________(speak) English.



PASSIVE VOICE

  1. Spanish people drink a lot of coffee.
  2. Lucy sold the coin collection last week.
  3. Tommy will meet you at the airport on Sunday.
  4. The car industry produced forty million new cars last year.
  5. Cars will pollute the air more and more In the future
  6. The plumber repaired our heating yesterday.
  7. The optician will test my grandfather’s eyes next month.
  8. This restaurant serves a cheap menu on weekdays.
  9. S & S sells nice shoes at reasonable prices.

VERBAL TENSES

  1. We __________________________(live) in this house for three years and we are happy here.
  2. When ___________________________(you/meet) Sarah?
  3. We _______________________ (go) to a concert on Friday but we _______________________(not buy) the tickets yet.
  4. Do you know anything about Sally? Yes, she's fine. I _______________________ (just/speak) to her.
  5. The riots _______________________(start) when the President _______________________ (visit) the country.
  6. A- I can't open this box. B- Give it to me. I ________________________ (do) it.
  7. The earthquake ________________________(begin) when we ________________________ (play) chess.
  8. Amelia ________________________(move) to California this week.
  9. What time ________________________ (our plane/leave)?
  10. A- I need a pen to write this note B- Don't worry, I ______________________ (lend) you mine.
  11. What’s that noise? Joshua ______________________ (practise) the piano.
  12. How long ___________________________(you/have) this T-shirt?
  13. They went home after they_________________________________ (finish) their work.

REPORTED SPEECH
  1. The computer doesn’t work,’ Jake said ...
  2. We’ve just finished our lunch,’ The boys said...
  3. Don't touch it. Walter told me...
  4. Where do you live? Jane asked Tom....
  5. We’re painting the bathroom,’ Mum and Joe told us...
  6. I’ll make the dinner,’ Dad said...
  7. You can’t borrow my bike,’ Paul told me...
  8. Will you go the trip on Monday? Pam asked me...
  9. We’re baking a cake,’ they told me...
  10. Do it quickly. My friend told me...
  11. When are you going to come? Matthew asked John....
  12. Your mum has just phoned,’ Dan told Sarah....
  13. I took the money,’ Lucy said...
  14. I’ll speak to your teacher,’ Dad told me...
  15. Did you finish the exam on time? John asked Mary...
  16. Don't walk so fast. My mum told me...
  17. You must eat your dinner,’ Grandma told us...
  18. How long have you lived in that house? Jack asked Mary...
  19. You can borrow my mp3 player,’ Luke told Pamela...
  20. Copy the exercise. The teacher tols us...


ANSWERS

Conditional sentences

  1. Rains- won't have to
  2. will have- watch
  3. went- wouldn't be
  4. send- will receive
  5. would have swum- hadn't been
  6. would buy- had
  7. would have walked- hadn't started
  8. met- would ask

Gerund or infinitive

  1. Taking
  2. to talk
  3. working
  4. to change
  5. having
  6. to cancel
  7. travelling
  8. doing
  9. watching
  10. to play
  11. waiting
  12. to go
  13. to rain
  14. telling
  15. to speak

Passive voice

  1. A lot of coffee is drunk in Spain
  2. The coin collection was sold last week by Lucy
  3. You will be met at the airport on Sunday by Tommy
  4. Forty million new cars were produced last year by the car industry.
  5. The air will be polluted more and more in the future
  6. our heating was repaired yesterday by the plumber
  7. My grandfather's eyes will be tested next month by the optician
  8. A cheap menu is served on weekdays by this restaurant
  9. Nice shoes are sold at reasonable prices by S&S

Verbal tenses

  1. Have lived
  2. did you meet
  3. are going/are going to go- haven't bought
  4. have just spoken
  5. started- was visiting
  6. will do
  7. began- were playing
  8. is moving/is going to move/has moved
  9. does our plane leave
  10. will lend
  11. is practising
  12. have you had
  13. had finished

Reported speech

  1. ...the computer didn't work.
  2. ...they had just finished their lunch.
  3. not to touch that.
  4. where he lived.
  5. ...They were painting the bathroom.
  6. he would make dinner.
  7. I could borrow his bike.
  8. if I would go to the trip on Monday.
  9. they were baking a cake
  10. ...to do it quickly
  11. when he was going to come.
  12. her mum had just phoned.
  13. ...she had taken the money.
  14. he would speak to my teacher.
  15. if she had finished the exam on time
  16. not to walk so fast.
  17. we had to eat our dinner.
  18. how long she had lived in that town.
  19. she could borrow his mp3 player.
  20. not to copy the exercise.

No hay comentarios: